Planning for the 2023 Growing Season
By Mike Fuerst, Scotland Area Manager
Here we go again, after nine or ten days of thaw, another system decided to put us on edge wondering how much snow this week. I am hoping the trend stays and southern trade area forecast amounts appear to be getting less, but we will not know what that might be at least until it is over as usual. South Dakota weather can be summed up in one word “CHANGE.”
Winter is getting closer to being gone so I am hoping that most grower equipment is ready for the spring season that is upon us, as it looks like it will be very busy. Our stations are still working on truck inspections and can get some more scheduled before season, as well as service work, tires, and anything else more that you may need. We also can get you fuel and propane pricing for spring and summer needs by stopping in or giving one of the stations a call.
With a little bit of time left you can also talk to your local agronomist to make sure all plans are made for the 2023 growing season. As always thank you for all your support past, present and future.
By Scott Chase, Energy Department Manager
We are into the 2023 year with changes in global oil demands as China slowly reopens after years of anti-Covid lockdowns. World consumption will climb by an estimated 2 million barrels a day, analysts say reopening China is a welcoming boost to the world economy. January had a shaky start with oil spills in Kansas due to tornadoes and a shift from 2022 to 2023. Yet the total product supplied over the last four-week period is down by 10.2% from the same period last year.
It’s never too early to look towards spring contracts. CFC currently has a field master fuel price of $3.25/gallon. It looks like it’s that time of year to start looking at what you need for the spring. Bulk def, oil, grease and tires are always available for servicing needs. Stop by or give a call to Salem Station 605-425-2691 or Scotland Station 605-583-2221. Stay warm and as always, thank you for your business.
Cenex Engine & Hydraulic Oils
By Gerry Crawford, Energy Sales
Scott and I hope that everyone has safely dug out of the last few winter snowstorms we have had in our trade area.
This is a good time to top off your oil and grease needs for the new year. You can take advantage of the gift cards for gallons program, by qualifying for a $50.00 gift card for every 100 gallons purchased November 1, 2022, to February 28, 2023. We wanted to provide you with some information on the high-quality engine and hydraulic oils that CFC offers.
TMS diesel engine oil
- Protects new and older diesel engines with exhaust emission control systems operating on ultra-low sulfur diesel
- Minimizes sludge deposits and prevents soot build-up for longer engine life
- Reduces downtime by neutralizing contaminants, keeping engines clean in severe conditions
- Ideal for both agriculture, construction, over-the-road fleets, and diesel irrigation engines
Maxtron synthetic diesel engine oil
- Up to 7x more shear stable than competitors
- Improved performance in extreme temperatures
- Decreases downtime by reducing maintenance without sacrificing oil quality
- Restores fuel economy up to 3% in extreme conditions and 2% in normal conditions
Tractor Hydraulics Fluid
- Offers twice the gear load carrying capability of leading OEM fluids
- Provides four times the protection of copper components common in tractor hydraulic systems
- Delivers enhanced friction control for smooth clutch engagements and less brake chatter
- Significantly reduces sludge, varnish, and acid buildup for optimized hydraulic performance
Maxtron THF + Full Synthetic
- Enhances hydraulic precision and improves pumpability in extreme temperatures
- Minimizes downtime by reducing friction and providing superior pump, gear, brake, transmission, and hydraulic system protection
- Significantly diminishes noise and damage caused by wet brake chatter
- Extends oil life by providing superior oxidation control in high-temperature applications
Gasoline Engine Oils
Auto Gold Synthetic blend
A well-balanced synthetic blend gasoline engine oil tested and proven to protect critical components from excess wear and heat caused by intense engine pressures. Formulated with a combination of high quality, mineral and synthetic base oils and a high viscosity index improver for excellent extreme temperature pumpability and anti-wear protection during cold startups.
Maxtron Full Synthetic
Is a high-performing engine oil designed to far exceed the newest and most stringent industry performance standards including API SP, Resource Conserving and ILSAC GF-6A. These oils meet new car warranty requirements and are backward compatible to the older API, ILSAC and OEM performance requirements. Maxtron is also formulated with high quality, high viscosity index full-synthetic base oils and a shear stable viscosity index improver for outstanding high temperature protection and low temperature pumpability.
Thank you for your business and enjoy the remainder of the winter season.
CFC's Safety & Delivery Policies
As a valued propane customer, your safety is our main concern.
We would like to make you aware of our delivery policies.
Our policies follow the National Fire Protection Association mandates, state codes, insurance requirements
and the CFC credit policies.
We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you this coming season.
Click here for more information.
Energy Department Manager
Scotland Shop Manager